Knowing your competition
Most therapist in private practice will be aware of other physiotherapists that are also operating in their local area. There may also be sports therapists, osteopaths that provide services local to you.
It is important to know information about other practitioners local to you in order for you to have a more complete insight into your local competition and your local market place.
Find your competitors
To find who is your local competition you can:
- Use the internet to search Google for physiotherapists in your area.
- Visit www.physio2u.co.uk the CSP's directory of private physiotherapists
- Visit www.physiodirectory.co.uk the OCPP directory of private physiotherapists
- Look in your local BT, Yellow Pages, and Thompson'€™s directories
When you have found a list of your competitors ask yourself these questions:
- Who are your competitors?
- How much local or regional competition do you face?
- How many practitioners work at each practice?
- Where are your competitors geographically?
- Do you know their charging/fee structure?
- Are you competitive, more expensive, less expensive, or similar in price? How long are their treatment sessions?
- Do they offer more services than you?
- Do they specialise in particular treatment areas or not? If so which?
- Do the specialised practices take a large amount of patients in areas of specialist treatment?
- What are your competitors facilities like, bigger, smaller, more modem, better sited, better equipped?
This information will enable you to make more strategic decisions on such matters as charging, treatments to promote, and to identify local areas under or over served by other practices. This information may also provide you the ability to expand your practice into profitable areas and to stay away from areas which are likely to be difficult.
Free website for months!Try our a bespoke website 100% risk free for months. No contracts. No strings. »
Have questions?Talk to us and find out more »